Recent Blog Posts
- Keep Fighting Eric!
- What does Google Trends tell us about Spinal Cord Injury?
- Join the Cure Warriors - Great U2FP video
- 2011 Chicago Marathon Summary
- The Patient: The Person at the Center of My Care
- Study Shows US Health Care System Fails to Meet Needs of those with Spinal Cord Injury
- Budget Cuts Reduce Disabled Transit
- New Jersey State to Cut Spinal Cord Injury Research Funds
- Recent Study on US Health Care System Performance
- Good Article on Making Babies After SCI
Support SCIS and Rich Scheflow in the 2012 Chicago Marathon
Ten years ago while attending the University of Illinois my wife completed the Chicago Marathon while I stood on the sidelines cheering her on. I saw how much time and energy she put into training and how much it meant to her to accomplish such an amazing goal. Although it seemed improbable at the time I added running a marathon to my list of future aspirations. At the University of Illinois I was a member of Phi Delta Theta fraternity and formed a lot of great friendships. Many of those friendships were with current members of the SCIS team. These individuals did so much for me during my college experience. As I embark on this journey I am so excited to be a part of their team and help them in their efforts to find a cure. I'm looking forward to the event and catching up with old friends at the post race party!
Click the contribute button below to donate through Paypal's secure site. Alternatively, mail general or athlete donations to:
Spinal Cord Injury Sucks, NFP (SCIS)
400 W Ontario St Apt 1801
Chicago, IL 60654